Star Wars and Game of Thrones are two of the most popular movie series in their respective genres. The first Star Wars movie was released in 1977, while Game of Thrones premiered on HBO in 2011. These two series have been responsible for bringing fantasy content into mainstream culture.
The Game of Thrones series has been really popular and many of the characters from Game of Thrones have also appeared in Star Wars.
Star Wars is undoubtedly one of the most popular film series, and its continued success has given way to a number of sequels. However, with the release of Game of Thrones in 2011, the landscape shifted and seemed to indicate that film franchises were on a downward trend.
Let’s take a look at actors who appeared both in Star Wars and the Game Of Thornes.
1. Julian Glover was Grand Maester Pycelle in “Game of Thrones.” He played the role of General Maximilian Veers early in his career.
2. Oliver Ford Davies was Maester Cressen on “Game of Thrones.” He also played Sio in “Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace,” “Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones,”” and “Star Wars: Episode III (Revenge of the Sith).”
3. Keisha Castle Hughes’s character was Obara Sand in “Game of Thrones” while she was Queen Apailana in “Star Wars: Episode III ( Revenge of the Sith)”.
4. Gwendoline Christie played Ser Brienne of Tarth in “Game of Thrones” while Captain Phasma was in “Star Wars.”
5. Max Van Sydow was the Three-Eyed Raven that passed his mantle on to Bran in “Game of Thrones”, and Lor San Tekka played Lor San Teka in “The Force Awakens.”
6. Emun Elliot played the role of Marillion on “Game of Thrones”, a singer who had his tongue cut by Joffrey. He was also Major Brance on “The Force Awakens.”
7. Jessica Henwick played Nymeria Sand in “Game of Thrones” and Jessika Pava on “The Force Awakens.”
8. Miltos Yerolemou, Syrio Forel’s sword instructor on Arya, appeared as a bar patron in “The Force Awakens”.
9. Ian Whythe played multiple characters in “Game of Thrones,” including the White Walker, Mountain, and Wun Wun, the giant. He played two characters in “The Force Awakens,” Crusher Roodown, and Bollie Prinndel.
10. Thomas Brodie-Sangster was Jojen Reed in “Game of Thrones” while Thanisson played Petty Officer Thanisson in “The Force Awakens”.
11. Hannah John-Kamen played Ornela in on “Game of Thrones’. She was also First Order Officer No. 1 in “The Force awakens.”
12. Jefferson Hall was Ser Hugh of Vale on “Game of Thrones”, when he was killed in a match with the Mountain. He briefly appeared as First Officer No. 4 in “The Force awakens.”
13. Mark Stanley was Grenn, a Night’s Watch member, on “Game of Thrones”, and appeared as a Knight of Ren in “The Force Awakens”.
14. Kate Dickie was Lysa Arryn in “Game of Thrones” while she also appeared as a monitor for The First Order in “The Last Jedi”.
15. Ralph Ineson was in House Greyjoy and a raider of Dagmer Cleftjaw’s on “Game of Thrones”; he played Colonel Ansiv garmuth in Star Wars movie “The Last Jedi.”
16. Mark Lewis Jones was Shagga, the leader of Stone Crows on “Game of Thrones”, and Captain Moden Canady on “The Last Jedi.”
17. Ian McElhinney was Ser Barristan Selmy in Game of Thrones and made a brief appearance as General Jan Dodonna in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
18. Francis Magee, Yoren, was a Night’s Watch recruiter. He kept Arya safe during the King’s Landing journey. He also played Jav Mefran on “Game of Thrones.”
19. Emilia Clarke was Daenerys Targaryen in “Game of Thrones” while she played Qi’ra on “Solo: A Star Wars Story.”
20. Tobias Menzies was Catelyn Stark’s brother Edmure Tully on “Game of Thrones” while Tiber Saxon was voiced on “Star Wars Rebels”.
21. Pedro Pascal played Oberyn Martell in “Game of Thrones”, and he took the title role on Disney’s “The Mandalorian”.